Archive | February, 2012

Getting 504 Supports In College

Many high school students who have special supports will still need them to succeed in college. Yet, there are no formal 504 plans in college, and in that system an “IEP” means “Intensive English Program.” Parents and students need to make the adjustment to the college system for continuing the 504 plan or other supports […]

Continue Reading

5 Myths About College And ADD

I’ve worked with many students with various types of disabilities who attended college. In many cases, the student did very well in high school but found that college was much more difficult than they thought, often for reasons they didn’t expect. Many students who came to me after doing poorly in college had Attention Deficit […]

Continue Reading